Dario70
1 Copper

Mobile Broadband 5570 not working on Venue 8 Pro after Windows 10 install

Dear Sirs,

I am encountering the following problem on my Dell Venue 8 Pro (serial 52T3R02) bought in Germany: subsequently to a Windows 10 install from scratch the 5570E (HSPA+) Mobile Broadband did not work.

I obviously installed the latest driver available on the Dell website for such hardware. I also installed the wifi and chipset drivers but no other SW, if this can help.

Note that the 5570E (HSPA+) Mobile Broadband worked correctly under Windows 8 and 8.1, and it also worked correctly after the upgrade to Windows 10. It was the install FROM SCRATCH of Windows 10 which triggered the problem. I performed such installation from USB key created with Microsoft Media Creation Tool. Such Windows 10 re-install was necessary to solve a problem with the Microsoft Store which did not work. In fact, the install from scratch solved the Store problem but unfortunately created this new problem with the 5570E (HSPA+) Mobile Broadband.

Can you please help me? can I provide any further information to support your analysis?

Thank you in advance for your help

Best regards

Dario

0 Kudos
2 Replies

RE: Mobile Broadband 5570 not working on Venue 8 Pro after Windows 10 install

Hi,

When you did the clean install of Windows did you directly load the driver for the 5570 or did you allow Windows to locate a driver and install?   Try deleting the current driver, rebooting Windows, and see if Windows finds a driver that functions better for you.

Let us know how it works.

Todd

0 Kudos
Dario70
1 Copper

RE: Mobile Broadband 5570 not working on Venue 8 Pro after Windows 10 install

Hello,

after countless attempts I solved the problem by installing twice the device driver. Note that during the first installation there was no indication that anything went wrong, all the messages were nominal and all the options were available in the menus, control panels etc. it just did not work.

After second installation it worked.

Thanks for your answer, bye

d.p.

0 Kudos