Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

October 31st, 2003 21:00

Modem on Hold Works-But not with call waiting ID.

Dell modem on hold worked with the call waiting service and caller ID service I had 2 days ago.  I added call waiting ID yesterday to fully use my Dell MOH, but now when a call comes in and I am online the computer freezes up and I have to manually shut it down then boot it back up.  I have a HSF V92 56K RTAD Sperkerphone PCI.

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

September 18th, 2022 15:00

Hi @K77 please connect Dell modem to laptop, to go to Control Panel, Device Manager and right click on top icon to Scan for hardware changes and update drivers, then Restart (not Shut Down) to save change.

If there is Control Panel, Phone and Modem Options, Click the Modems tab, then click on Properties to update driver. Also click on Modem On Hold (MOH) tab and check the box to enable Modem On Hold option. 

Even if the Dell modem is configured correctly, your ISP must have it turned on at their end, and you must have a V.92 connection for it to work. If the modem's V.92 indicator LED is on while you are online, a V.92 connection has been established. How do I confirm that my V.92 modem is making a V.92 connection? – Help Center (minim.com) 

No Events found!