Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

September 16th, 2009 10:00

Moved and now cant connect to Internet

ok so i moved last week , had my internet shuit off at old house turned on at new house.. hooked everything up and now cant connect to internet. I had a tech out to loko at it and he couldnt figure it out told me to call Dell. Called Dell and they wanna charge me $50. i know its a easy fix , but i'm not that comp savy. What is weird is iI can connect online with my PS2 through my modem but the compuetr wont connect. My modem seems to be flashing the PC light. Does anyonwe know what i can do?

not a wire less router

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

bostindianz,

Did you try powering off the ISP modem/router. Wait 30 seconds. Turn off your computer. Plug the ethernet cable into the laptop trom the ISp modem. Power on the ISP modem, first. Now power on the computer.

Can you connect?

If not, do you see any yellow eclaimination marks or red x's in the device manager? Double check the wires and connections on the router. Also check and make sure you have the correct wires connected to the computer.

Can you connect to the internet in the safe mode, tap F8 on startup and choose safe mode with networking.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

bostondinaz,

Power everything off for 30 seconds. Plug an ehternet cable into the isp modem router and power the ips modem/router on. If using a wireless router, then poower this on. Restart your computer.

Can you connect?

It might be possible that you might have to setup the wireless router, if you have one.

How to login to your wireless router

and

Recommended Wireless Router Settings

Rick

September 16th, 2009 12:00

sorry should of stated this is a desktop.. gonna try to start up in safe mode but after that then what.. ?

September 16th, 2009 18:00

ok so i am home on my computer in safe mode.. but still cant connect without being on safe mode. i noticed my router is blinking PC while cable is on but no light on under data send and receive,,, is it possible my computer not recognizing the router? HELP!!!

No Events found!