Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 11th, 2007 11:00

My Bluetooth Mouse Disappears

I have a new XPS1330 with a bluetooth mouse and built-in bluetooth adapter. Whenever I turn the computer off and restart it, or even when it stands idle for a while, I have to reinstall the bluetooth mouse. Merely pressing the sync button on the mouse does not work to activate it.

1 Message

December 16th, 2007 22:00

I'm having the same issues..found that doing a restart sometimes connects the bluetooth mouse but this should not be necessary..I've sent 2 notes to Dell about it and didn't get any help really..I think something is interfering and have tried shuting down some of the junk that is loaded in MSCONFIG but haven't figured out which is the culprit yet.  I tired downloading the latest bluetooth driver as well.

Gary

7 Posts

January 7th, 2008 20:00

If you are running Vista the solution is to uninstall Dell Bluetooth software. Vista has a native bluetooth support and it works much better just by itself.

1 Message

January 28th, 2008 02:00

Thanks for that. Uninstalling the widcom driver fixed the conflict and I have not had any problems since.

1 Message

February 7th, 2008 02:00

Many thanks- this fixed my problem with my M1330 also....

1 Message

February 18th, 2008 04:00

I also uninstalled the widcom drivers, rebooted, then reconnected my bluetooth mouse and keyboard and it's working perfectly.  It was driving me crazy! I had uninstalled and reinstalled the widcom drivers, like Dell told me to do, and the problem never went away.  Should have come here first.  THANK YOU!

1 Message

February 28th, 2008 09:00

having same problem....how do i carry out the required change...I'm a beginner.....cheers m

1.5K Posts

June 26th, 2008 18:00

@Forresterer wrote:

having same problem....how do i carry out the required change...

I'm a beginner.....cheers m

In general, it is important to first completely remove (CP Add/Remove & then Device Mgr) Bluetooth Stack/Drivers prior to update or install of new and you usually need to prevent the Windows Stack/Drivers from interference by their automatic "detect new..." install. Toshiba prevents it but old Widcom did not.

It works best when you give clues about your operating system and model involved, solutions are usually different, but below is about all I know about my two different systems.

Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer for Bluetooth model 1001 and it often gets 'dropped' from BT on both of my Dells. MS would just advise to use built-in MS Stack/Drivers, but I have other, more important, BT Applications that won't play on MS Stack.

WinXP pro on both D800 & D830 and both were ordered w/Bluetooth from Dell.

D800 uses Widcom Stack/Drivers and last 'reinstall HID Mouse Drivers' has now continued to work without issue since last December, a new record (it used to need a Device Manager remove/reinstall every few months). Never installed Intellipoint Software on this system. Some of my other BT Devices did not work with the Windows BT Stack/Drivers, so I had to remain on Widcom.

D830 came with the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack/Driver running the CSR 360 BT Module and has the recent Dell Download firmware upgrade to 2.1 installed.

Within a few weeks of Mouse install, it began the same 'refuse to waken' issue; install of Intellipoint made no difference, best awaken method is to [Run] Toshiba BT Options "Diagnostics" and when that fails, a right-click Disable Bluetooth Radio restores operation upon Enable Bluetooth Radio.

Something that I have noticed within the past few months (on the D830 only) is that as long as my Bluetooth is kept occupied by communication with my WxWorx Satellite Bluetooth Radio, it never 'drops' the IntelliMouse. :)

Art

1 Message

August 16th, 2008 02:00

Also have the same issue. I have uninstalled Widcomm restarted but it still can not find the Bt mouse. When it does find it, after installing yet again, it drops off. Any suggestions?

1.5K Posts

August 16th, 2008 03:00

Not much that I can add beyond what I posted above, as I wrote there, as long as the 'other' BT Device keeps Bluetooth active, the Intellimouse starts automatically and is never dropped, but when I am away from that 'other BT Device' it takes two 'start' attempts and then drops every eight minutes, usually restarted by [run] in Toshiba BT Options.

Your BT Module, although built-in, is a USB Device.  Look in properties within Device Manager for the/those Bluetooth USB items and on 'Power Save' tab remove any checks for "Turn Off..." ...

You need to provide as many system details as you can about your Mouse, as well as your Dell and its Operating System including other Bluetooth applications that you use, so that someone with the necessary knowledge may be able to provide an answer for you. 

No Events found!