Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 16th, 2014 10:00

My WLAN stopped working after migrating to VISTA 32

Hello All!

I had my Dell 1525 since 2008, it came with Windows Vista Home Premium Installing Disc, and Drivers and Utilities Disc for this OS as well. But I had my Windows XP already and I used to work on it, so I installed XP and got drivers from Dell. I had no problem at all, until Microsoft decided to stop supporting XP, so I decided to wipe out my OS drive and install the Vista that came with my laptop. But the WLAN stopped working, I can't get any WLAN network. And also if I use external WiFi, it won't work until I disable the internal WLAN.

Any help for this issue.

2 Posts

April 18th, 2014 09:00

Thank you for your post.

However I have installed all the drivers from the DRIVERS AND UTILITIES DVD that came with the laptop. But does the driver installation's order matter? Should I start from scratch again? 

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

April 18th, 2014 21:00

The order "can" matter.  In some instances, the System Software and/or the chipset can change the way a particular device is handled, causing the subsequent drivers to either fail or not work properly.

Use the files linked above instead of the drivers disc.  If they fail, need to know the exact message you get.

No Events found!