Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 15th, 2010 04:00

My network adapter will not start! (Broadcom Code 10)

Hiya everyone,

Turns out that my Dell XPS M1530 laptop got a virus, so to solve this I re-installed Windows (Vista Home Premium) and as a result, all of my files, drivers and software have all been deleted. I have re-installed almost everything I need, except one vital thing. The Wireless Network Adapter. 

I have used all the network drivers on my Dell Driver disc and none of them have seemed to work, luckily I have a spare computer so I can ask you all this and I have looked all over the internet for driver download, none of them have worked. I looked around and it seems to be quite a common problem when people advance OS' and I suppose I have been in the same situation, But no drivers seem to work!

Does anyone have any advice or download links to help me then that would be great. Thanks

Extra Information: Brodcom 802.11n Network Adapter

Device Status: This device cannot start (Code 10)

Service: BCM43X

1 Message

June 30th, 2012 12:00

Awesome tip!  Have you ran into the problem of Bios A05 and Bios A07 will not allow the monitor display thru a dock?  You have to keep it on Bios A03 or it does not work.

1 Message

July 17th, 2012 16:00

hey,

i have a dell latitude 5510 with win 7 64 bit installed.

i am still an novice in computers so i did not get the part about the bios. how exactly do i get to change from enabled to enabled w/pxe,

thanks

2 Posts

July 31st, 2012 08:00

Hello Rusmarron.

I don't know if it's still useful to post, I'm sorry but I was abroad without mail connection.
To enter the BIOS settings for my Latitude E5520 and set the PXE parameter, here is the way :

(Re)boot your PC. When The Dell logo appears and propose F2 to enter BIOS settings, do so (Warning: the time window to do it is quite short, you have to wait for the logo and soon depress F2).
note that it could be slightly different for your E5510, check your notice.

When in the BIOS, read the instructions. For my E5520, the setting is: System Configuration / Integrated NIC / Enabled w/PXE
Save and exit regarding the displayed directives.

You're through! Your PC will boot with the new settings.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

1 Message

July 4th, 2013 11:00

Thank you so much.  I was having the same problem and did what you said and it worked great.

Have a great day.

Jim

1 Message

November 26th, 2013 16:00

Brilliant!  Solved my problem perfectly!  After I had to reinstall my OS after a crash, my computer would not recognize the Broadcom Network Adapter for my Vostro 1400.  This solution fixed my problem.  I would never have thought of this myself.  Thanks!

June 1st, 2020 11:00

This solution didn't work for me. But I did back into a solution that did work. I went into the Device Manager. In the options for my wireless card I clicked "Disable Device". Then I clicked to "Enable Device". And then it began to work. For no known reason. So far so good!

No Events found!