Highlighted
ktkyle
1 Copper

Need help installing a wireless printer on my home network without the setup disk.

My wife had a 966 All in one in her office for a while and no longer needs it so I've brought it home to use on our home network.  Problem is that she cannot locate the setup disk and I cannot find anything on the Dell website that explains how we can get the wireless printer with a 966 wireless adapter to work on a new network.  As I remember the setup disk walks you through locating a network, entering the SSID and passkey etc.  How can I accomplish this without the disk.  I can download the printer driver but that only works if it's connected via usb directly to my laptop.  I'm using Windows XP but would also like it to work with my Mac if possible.  Please help.

I would even be willing to order a new setup disk if that was the only way....just can't seem to find out how.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PudgyOne
6 Indium

Re: Need help installing a wireless printer on my home network without the setup disk.

ktkyle,

The instructions on how to download and install the drivers are located at...

966 Photo All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

You should be able to install the computer on the new network with the downloaded drivers package.

You will need an OCR Program. You can download Simple OCR, it should work nicely with your printer and computer. 

As for the Mac...

Your Dell 966 printer was made for Dell by Lexmark. If you can find a similar Lexmark printer on Lexmarks website, the drivers may or may not work. Also try Gutenprint for Mac OS X

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos