Highlighted
nintendork
1 Copper

Need help with Ethernet Controller

I recently had to reinstall everything in my computer because it crashed. The trouble I'm having now is that I can't find the appropriate driver for my Ethernet controller. I know that it is made by Intel but I can't narrow it down to which Ethernet controller it is. Can anyone help me out?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ieee488
5 Iridium

Re: Need help with Ethernet Controller

first of all, I hope you read http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?c=us&l=en&s=gen&docid=DSN_1A... before doing your reinstall

second, to get the driver, use your Service Tag #

0 Kudos
nintendork
1 Copper

I used the Service Tag but couldn't make sense of it. <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy> is my Service Tag. I couldn't figure out where to find what my ethernet controller was.

0 Kudos
ieee488
5 Iridium

I used the Service Tag but couldn't make sense of it. <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy> is my Service Tag. I couldn't figure out where to find what my ethernet controller was.

perhaps you can post model of your Dell

0 Kudos
7- Thorium

nintendork,

If you followed ieee488's advice, the ethernet adapter should be there. Try running Finding System Information remove your product ID and post it back here. At the bottom we should be able to see your network adapters.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos