Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 31st, 2011 18:00

Network Controller Missing

Hello, my computer is a Dimensions 4700 and I recently reinstalled everything and downloaded all the drivers from this site. The only thing missing in the Device Manager is something called a "Network Controller". I've searched the internet for some answers but am still confused on what to do exactly.

I'm trying to get this driver so that I can set up my DSL modem/router to be wireless without having it to require a cable and hook it up to a Linksys router, as it was before.

9 Posts

August 31st, 2011 19:00

the details of the driver are: VEN_14E4&DEV_4318

9 Posts

August 31st, 2011 20:00

does anybody know of a location where I can download the driver or driver(s)

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 31st, 2011 20:00

JayRi123,

When you installed the operating system, did you install the desktop/notebook system utility and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Start with the desktop/notebook system utility and the chipset drivers and install the drivers in order and everything should start working.

Rick

9 Posts

September 1st, 2011 18:00

Hello, thanks for your response. I may have incorrectly downloaded the drivers out of order but I did put the chipset, audio and video in before everything else. I've checked the drivers listed for my computer by Dell but they don't seem to do the trick. The Wireless Driver they do offer is just a utility. Is the driver I need supplied by Dell?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 1st, 2011 21:00

JayRi123,

Download and install in order...

Dell Desktop System Software and Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Then install the

Intel (R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection

Dell Wireless 1450 (802.11a/b/g) USB2.0 Adapter

This should get you online to be able to download the Audio and Video drivers.

Rick

No Events found!