Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 8th, 2015 13:00

Network Controller is missing!!

I have a Latitude E5530 and I recently reinstalled windows. But now  i have no wifi(or internet at all) and every driver I've tried to install has either failed or done nothing to help the situation. Most of the help I've read includes messing with  ethernet cables and modems but I live in a college dorm and both are equally inaccessible. Help!

1.8K Posts

October 9th, 2015 08:00

Hello,

What happens when you attempt to sign onto a wireless network?  Are you seeing those networks but unable to actually connect?  Are you not seeing any networks at all?  (Have you checked in both Windows and BIOS to make sure your wireless card is enabled?)  Do you receive any error messages, etc., either when you try to install a driver or connect to a network?  Those messages might help us determine what is happening.

You don't list which wireless card you have in the system nor which version of Windows you reinstalled, so I can't provide many direct links but I would highly suggest you go into your network control center and delete any network connections that may already exist, then reboot your system and see if it can locate and create a new network connection to your network in your dorm.

You may also want to go into Device Manager and remove all wireless networking drivers in your system.  You said you've tried a few and it may be causing conflicts having too many drivers listed.

Let us know what you see when installing or connecting to a network, as well as the make and model of wireless card you're using and which version of Windows, and we'll see what other, more specific, suggestions we can make to try to help you.

Todd

No Events found!