Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 13th, 2009 10:00

Network Printing 32/64 bit computers

I have a new Dell 1750 Win7  64 bit which I will use on a home network with two Dell Printers All in One 966 and Laser Color 3110.  All my current system is 32 bit.  The salesperson told me I will have a minor problem with Printing from the laptop (as it is 64 bit)  Anyone out there know what needs to be done.  I did not want 64 bit however Dell said that is all I could buy from them..

Dell 530 32bit, Dell 1521 (laptop) 32 bit, Printer 966, Printer 3110.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 13th, 2009 12:00

benfelix,

First, are you using the wireless card in the 966 Printer? Installation instructions can be found at...

966 Photo All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Very good information can be found at...

Welcome! Information about Dell's Inkjet, All-In-One Printers

As for the laser, start a new thread in the Dell Printers Forum saying something like Trying to netwrok me 3110 pprinter to the netwrok and the person that helps with the laser printers there will be able to help you.

Rick

10 Posts

December 14th, 2009 11:00

Rick,

Thanks for reply.  Small world, as I live in York...Anyway, I found an article at www.labnol.org which more or less answer my question.  It appears as the laptop is really using the drivers from my desktop that it appears like I just have to have the 64 bits drivers also in the desktop computer print folders.  Yes I do use the wireless card on the 966; which is not to important to me, as for every thousand copies I print maybe only 3 or 4 are done the the 966.  It is more or less for scanning, fax etc.  The network works outstanding, I just did not want to lose the option of printing from the new laptop due to 64 bit on a 32 network.  I may be worried about some problem that will not happen, as I don't even have the new laptop yet, and as of today all my items work outstanding.  Thanks, if I can't get it I will be back.

benfelix

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 14th, 2009 13:00

benfelix,

I have a Dell 964 printer attached to a 3300 wireless print adapter, same basic principla as the wireless card in your printer. I have Xp, Vista 32-bit, Vista 64-bit and Windows 7 machines connected. The can print and scan with no problems.

Like I said, if you need help with the laser, there is a great person there that can help you.

Rick

No Events found!