HURISTM
2 Bronze

Network Speed Issue

I just purchased a Dell Inspiron 620 Slimtower.  I began using the PC this wekend and everything was working great.  Yesterday, I downloaded and installed a bunch of updates for Windows and a few from Dell.

I'm connected via wireless, and today my internet download speeds have slowed significantly. There is no problem with my wireless router.  All other internet connected devices in my home are working normally.  The only thing that has changed is the performance of this PC as it downloads internet content. 

Of course Dell tech support said the problem could only be related to my connected but I have serious reservations about that considering the fact that this all began after I downloaded updates.  Has anyone else experienced this issue?

PC:  Inspiron 620S

Processor:  Intel Core i5-2310 CPU 2.90 Ghz

RAM:  6 Gigs

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Mary G
6 Indium

Re: Network Speed Issue

It is usually not  necessary to install Dell updates on a new computer. Your Download page will have some drivers and software that are not needed on your particular setup--even if you used your model and/or service tag. If you can, uninstall the dell downloads or just use System Restore to go back a day or 2.

0 Kudos