Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 6th, 2010 03:00

Network adapter not available

I have a1545 Inspiron - I set up my laptop to access my home network with no problem recently.  In trying to my 1545 work in another building on my property (my residence) I have lost my adapter connectivity.  I can see my network name on my second laptop but unable to connect. 

14.4K Posts

March 6th, 2010 05:00

The signal can be too weak to connect to it. Wireless only has limited range, which gets attenuated by having to go through walls and such.

See HERE for a chart on ranges for different wireless types.  And Remember these are under Ideal conditions, your actual mileage may vary.. :emotion-1:

2 Posts

March 7th, 2010 04:00

That is not the problem at present.  I replaced the internal g card with the N.  It worked beautifully after install and driver updates.  I'm in the same room with the modem and router.  I did something in trying to address the issue about working the other building on my property which is about 65 ft from my access point.  When I attempt to connect to my network it tells me my network adapter is not available.  The laptop sees my network but it will not connect.  I have matched everything up to my other Inspiron 1545 which is working but, I can't seem to get this 1545 to work connect now.

No Events found!