Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

December 10th, 2008 19:00

New Dell Latitude E6400 Download and transfer speeds very slow

Hello Everyone.  I recently purchased 2 brand new Latitude E6400's.  As soon as I received them, I formatted and re-installed the OS with Windows Vista Business.  Both machines have the Dell 1397 bg wireless network card.  I have had a terrible time trying to diagnose the reason for the slow speeds; both on the internet and transferring files.  I get download speeds of 300-400kbps (every time on the 6400s).  I have a d630 running Vista Enterprise and I receive around 2500 kbps every time. (3Mbps DSL). 

I will list all of the things I have tried.  I even called tech support to see if they knew something I wasn't doing correctly. 

1. Update Bios.
2. Update Network Card Drivers
3. Disable Auto tuning in Vista
4. Disable IPv6
5. tested with another router
6. Tested with 4 different speed test sites.

I am hoping someone else has seen this issue before.

1.7K Posts

December 11th, 2008 07:00

When you reinstalled the OS, did you load the Dell Notebook System Software (before the Chipset Software)?  The full list of drivers for the E6400, in the order they should be installed, is:

• Dell™ Notebook System Software
  • Intel® Mobile Chipset Driver
  • IDT® STAC 9205 Audio Driver
  • Mobile Intel® GMA X4500 Video Controller
  • NVIDIA Quadro® NVS 160M
  • Ricoh R5C8xx Cardbus Controller
  • Intel Flash Cache Logic Chip (Intel Turbo Memory)
  • Dell Control Point Security Manager
  • Intel® 82567LM GigaLAN Network Controller
  • Wireless driver (if applicable)
  • MDC driver (modem)
  • Dell Touch Pad Driver
  • Bluetooth® driver and stack
  • SOL/LMS Driver
  • HECI Driver

2 Posts

March 3rd, 2009 02:00

Hi all,

I'm using Latitude E6400 with following configuration:

- Core 2 2.53GHz
-Ram: 2GB
-Video card: Nvidia Quadro NVS 160M (256MB + shared memory)

on Windows 7 Beta

Before it matched error, it had run normally until I forced it off when windows was updating  (after shutdown). After that, i met blue screen (dump memory and request me change video card). I installed windows 7 many times but it still had error.

At last, I installed windows vista. After that, it has been run normally (but sometime i found some lost of pixels on windows welcome screen). Maybe, it has been matched error on Video Card Bios and need to refresh. Is there any one has same problem or have a solution or has video bios update (for nvidia quadro nvs 160m)?

Thanks

9 Posts

November 17th, 2009 14:00

I'm having issues w/ this card in XP.  The device has a yellow exclamation point next to it.

I cannot get it working.

When I tried to update the driver for it w/ the dell download the machine just froze up and had to be restarted.

Any ideas?

Thanks

S.

No Events found!