tskan
1 Copper

Re: New Inspiron 15 - slow wired and wireless Internet

@JovianPug wrote:

Hey, I just found solution, worked on my Inspirion 7570, maybe it will help you Smiley Happy
Win + R -> type in "services.msc" -> turn off SmartByte Network Service
Before this I had 6-8 Mb/s now I have 320 Smiley Very Happy

Absolutely mind-boggling that a service like that would EVER be installed and running on ANY computer without the knowledge of the owner or administrator. Thanks so much for posting that solution. It worked for me!

0 Kudos
Ramsh
1 Copper

This solution has fixed the issue with my inspiron 15 5000 gaming series. Thank you

@JovianPug wrote:

Hey, I just found solution, worked on my Inspirion 7570, maybe it will help you Smiley Happy
Win + R -> type in "services.msc" -> turn off SmartByte Network Service
Before this I had 6-8 Mb/s now I have 320 Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Mobeefy
1 Copper

after hours of trouble shooting i came across this thread and BOOM problem fixed instantly. Thanks bud True MVP

0 Kudos
kelly89
1 Copper

AMAZING...thank you soo much! I spent $800 on my new computer and my connection speed was 20% of what it was on my old 10 year old computer and i couldnt understand why I was having this issue. Made the change like you recommended and BOOM its fixed. THANK YOU sooooo much. 

Kelly

0 Kudos
QA_Rob
1 Copper

You are the true GOAT sir!!! Fixed my internet speed. I was literally hours away from returning it for something else after troubleshooting for a week. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Wheatie-OR
1 Copper

Re: New Inspiron 15 - slow wired and wireless Internet FIXED

I just bought a new i5 Dell desktop that was getting less than 1/2 the download speed of my ancient 2006 Dell Optiplex it was replacing.

I turned off the Smartbyte and now my download speed is 4x what the old computer got on a good day. THANK YOU!!! I would never have found this setting on my own.

I see that Dell posted this as an issue in November 2018

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/sln309274/smartbyte-application-may-slow-network-perfo...

0 Kudos
Sith1122
1 Copper

Thank you! It worked for me! Does Dell test their bloatware?

0 Kudos
i_byte
1 Copper

I thank you JovianPug! And DELL should thank you too!

Your recommended fix worked for me and saved DELL from getting a return computer and losing a customer back to HP.

Old HP 370MB download/upload.  New (May 2019) DELL computer - 15MB down/300MB up.

After stopping the SmartByte Network Service, back to 370MB down/up.

0 Kudos
robinrou01
1 Copper

yes it is possible to manage download speed form your computer.

Are you looking iPhone development company in India. we are providing all type of it services.iPhone development service in india

0 Kudos
Jentone
1 Copper

Worked for me on my Inspiron 15! Thanks

0 Kudos