Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 4th, 2015 07:00

Nex Dell XPS(9343) WIFI issues - Windows 8.1

I have a problem when I want to connect from the laptop dell (Dell Wireless 1560 802.11ac) with a router TP-Link TL-WR340G.
Sometimes achievement connect, but when I reboot the laptop to want to connect it gives me error. The diagnosis of windows says it's a problem of authentication and security. Update the driver of the network card to the last level, but without success. Also change the security settings of the router, but not solve the problem. The only way it connects is rebooting the router. The strange thing is that I have more devices and connect ok.

A few days ago I reversed the driver of the wireless network card and began to run, but yesterday returned the same error.
I appreciate if you can guide me any possible solution.
thanks

1.8K Posts

May 6th, 2015 10:00

Hi,

It could be that the router needs a firmware upgrade.  Not sure when you purchased it or when it was last updated, but here is a link to the downloads page for the TL-WR340G.  I did notice that there has not been a firmware update for that router since 2011.  That's a long time.  Plus the compatible operating systems with that are listed only up until Windows 7.  I'm assuming you have Win8.1 on that system.  

Try updating the router and see if that works.  Remember to follow all the safety instructions and details on the update as listed on that page so you don't inadvertently screw up that router, specifically about doing it wired in and making sure the power is connected.  Here is a video that I think shows how to do the firmware update.  I haven't watched it all the way through but it should help you out. Ignore that it's not in English and is for a slightly different model.  the process should be the same. 

If that doesn't work then try taking all the security settings off that router and test the wireless connection from the XPS.  If it remains constant, and good, then it's a software / security setting issue.

Let me know how the router firmware update goes and if it helps.   You may also want to check out our Dell Network & Wireless Support Center to find a few other things you can try.

Todd

No Events found!