Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 23rd, 2011 22:00

No Internet After System Restore

I was having a problem with my computer so I did a system restore to fix it. It failed the first time. I also disabled my anti virus first. I tried in safe mode and it worked. So obviously something stopped it from working though I'm not sure. Anyway when I logged back into my account my wireless connection said I had no Internet access and the troubleshooter said the dns server isn't responding. I don't know how to fix it. I've tried updating the driver, uninstalling/reinstalling the adapter, enabling/disabling it, connecting/disconnecting from the connection, trying the connection in another account as well as safe mode and nothing has worked. I've tried restoring the computer to factory settings and reinstalling the OS and still the problem persists. Help ASAP would be good as I'm typing this from my iPod. Thanks in advance!! Naomi Thompson

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 24th, 2011 04:00

Naomi,

Start, control panel, networking and sharing center. Click on your network connection, then click on properties. Go to TCP/IPv4 and TCP/IPv6 and click on properties. Make the settings match the picture below.

Then restart the computer and try to connect.

Rick

No Events found!