Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 4th, 2003 08:00

No TCP/IP Protocols

DImmension XPS T500 on Windows 98 with two network adapters - SMC EZ 10/100 Ethernet Adapter (wired) & a Belkin F5D6001 wireless card.

I now have no TCP/IP Protocols visible on this PC so networking  doesn't.
When I open Control Panel/Networks/Configuration I get an error message "Network not complete, do you want to continue" Three networking components are visible but no associated TCP/IP protocols. When I click "add" & then choose "protocols" from list of components, no options open. Presumably a Windows file or component is mmissing.

In the registry I have 11 entries under "Net" & one each under NetClient, Net Service & NetTrans but have no idea if this is relevant or how to remedy.

I have tried uninstalling reinstalling all the drivers, software & hardware associated with networking - &I 've also tried uninstalling & reinstalling Windows communication components in Windows setup but to no avail.

Any options apart from the loomimg reinstall of WIndows?

795 Posts

November 4th, 2003 14:00

Stuggy002,

Try this: Go into Network Configuration and delete everything there - protocols, services, adapters.  Then, using Device Manager, remove both network adapters and then power off the PC.  Physically remove the wireless card.  Restart the PC and the system should re-detect the SMC NIC and reinstall it (have the driver disk ready) and will also re-install all the necessary services and protocols.  Make sure everything is properly working using the SMC NIC and once it all is, reinstall the wireless NIC.

No Events found!