Highlighted
FR4NK 671
1 Copper

No WiFi for Dell Inspiron 1545

I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop and I am unable to view an wireless connections. I turned on the WiFi signal using the F2 button and was unable to even view any available WiFi connections. I usually see at least 6 different secured WiFi connections (including my WiFi).  I also used Dells PC Checkup and found no errors. I installed all the network devices recommended based on my Dell Service Tag. I also did the Windows Update and installed all of them. I am open to any suggestions. NOTE: I purchased a Dell Inspiron 1545 after my same model stopped working after my motherboard got fried. I bought the used one and transferred only my hard drive to the new laptop. All the tests/actions stated above was done for the new laptop after I had put my hard drive in the new laptop. I am having trouble picking up any WiFi connections and new devices by Bluetooth. When I got to Dell Wireless it tells me there's no wireless adapter or it is enabled.

Network Card(s):           1 NIC(s) Installed.

[01]: Marvell Yukon 88E8040 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller

Connection Name: Local Area Connection

DHCP Enabled:    Yes

DHCP Server:     192.168.0.1

IP address(es)

[01]: 192.168.0.217

[02]: fe80::8573:e6bc:6d3c:6df1

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PudgyOne
6 Indium

RE: No WiFi for Dell Inspiron 1545

FR4NK 671,

Places to look to see if your Connection is enabled

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system?

What virus program and firewall are you using?

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos