Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

April 9th, 2007 16:00

No Wireless Connection

Anybody have an idea why my Inspiron 600m has no wireless signal and my husbands Deminson 1150 has one.  Both laptops are in the same house and all of a sudden the Inspiron can't get a signal.

28K Posts

April 9th, 2007 16:00

Is your wireless radio turned off?  The Fn F2 key combination toggles the radio on and off.

Steve

April 9th, 2007 17:00

I'll try that and let you know..... thanks for the reply:smileyhappy:

28K Posts

April 11th, 2007 00:00

WiFi networks have a range of about 300 feet under ideal, non-obstructed line of sight conditions.   Obstructions such as walls, ceilings, trees, etc. reduce the range.  How much depends on the type of material that makes up the obstruction.

Steve

1 Message

April 11th, 2007 00:00

Hello, I am new to the forum, and I also just bought a Inspiron 1705 laptop, and I know nothing about wireless hook-ups. The computer works fine when I am in the house I have a wireless connection then. When I go outside anywere I am not getting a connection when my ISP set up the laptop they gave me a wireless card, but it is no use indoors I dont need it then. should I be using this card when I need a connection out doors? I dont mean to come off stupid but I just have no clue. I will take any help or ideas that I can get.

April 11th, 2007 11:00

Steve....

I'm all set.  I restore my computer back to an earlier time.  Then turned on the Fn F2 button and voila.... i'm connected.

Thanks for all the help...

Lisa

No Events found!