Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 6th, 2012 15:00

No Wireless - Dell Inspiron N5110

Hi There ,

i bought new laptop (Dell Inspiron N5110) .

i installed Win7 64-bit

i installed all drivers but there is still one that i can't fined

Network Controller -> yellow mark appear on it

and i don't know how to use wireless . When I run the Intel My WiFi Utility it writes - No supported Intel Wireless network was found.

should i install any thing else ?

thanks

Gabor

October 7th, 2012 05:00

Hi Gabor,

Yellow mark on 'Network controller' category indicates either a missing or a corrupt driver for a network device installed in your laptop. This issue can be easily resolved by installing the appropriate driver from support.dell.com. However, Inspiron N5110 laptop is shipped with various different kinds of wireless cards. I need to know the exact hardware specifications of your system to provide you decisive troubleshooting steps.

I am adding you as a friend. Please accept my request and reply through a private message with the system 'Service Tag'. 'Service Tag' is a 5-7 digit alpha numeric code mentioned on a bar coded sticker at the bottom of the laptop. This information will help me retrieve you system's details and I will provide you download links and installation instructions for the required drivers. Do reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to assist.

5 Posts

October 7th, 2012 05:00

Hello Saurabh,

thank you for your help, today I figured out that I have tried to install an Intel netwrok driver

but my laptop arrived with Dell  WiFi card...

Now everything is perfectly working.

My tip for others with similar problem: check your system  'Service Tag'  to ensure you are trying to install the proper driver.

October 7th, 2012 09:00

Hi Gabor,

I am glad that your wireless is now working. I also support your idea of using system 'Service Tag' to pull up appropriate drivers for the components installed in your laptop from support.dell.com. With the 'Service Tag' the support website offers only the relevant device drivers.

Do reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to assist.

4 Posts

October 11th, 2012 02:00

hi Saurabh,

how to install wireless network driver in dell inspiron n5110 laptop.

i was tray to install but i can't

October 11th, 2012 04:00

Hi Udaya,

Inspiron N5110 laptop is shipped with various different kinds of wireless cards. I need to know the exact hardware specifications of your system to provide you decisive troubleshooting steps.

I am adding you as a friend. Please accept my request and reply through a private message with the system 'Service Tag'. 'Service Tag' is a 5-7 digit alpha numeric code mentioned on a bar coded sticker at the bottom of the laptop. This information will help me retrieve you system's details and I will provide you download links and installation instructions for the required drivers. Do reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to assist.

October 14th, 2012 13:00

Hi Udaya,

Thank you for your response. The wireless card installed in your laptop is Dell wireless 1702 (802.11 b/g/n). Please follow the following steps to download and install the wireless card drivers:
- Click http://dell.to/RrJ8Mm to download the device driver file on desktop screen
- Right click the file and click 'Run as an administrator'
- Click 'Continue' to agree to 'User Access Control' prompt
- Follow through with the installation and finish
- Recheck if wireless works

Hope this helps. Do reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to assist.

4 Posts

October 16th, 2012 23:00

Hi Saurabh,

Thank you very much, now wifi is working fine in my laptop.

October 17th, 2012 06:00

Hi Udaya,

Glad to know that the issue is fixed. Thank you for responding and letting us know. Do reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to assist.

3 Posts

October 18th, 2012 14:00

Respected,

Help me, please. for a year I can not find a driver for wireless for n5110?

Thank you a lot

October 18th, 2012 18:00

Can you help me with the exact same problem please!

4 Posts

October 19th, 2012 00:00

Hi Tamara,

Please follow the following steps to download and install the wireless card drivers:
- Click http://dell.to/RrJ8Mm to download the device driver file on desktop screen

Thank you,

4 Posts

October 19th, 2012 00:00

Hi Amanda,

Please follow the following steps to download and install the wireless card drivers:

Thank You,

3 Posts

October 19th, 2012 03:00

Bluetooth works, but it still does not work wireless. : (((. What should I do now?

thanks udaya

3 Posts

October 19th, 2012 09:00

udaya,

I have the same problem as Gabor with Intel my  WiFi technology, as it was written " No supported intel wireless network adapter was found"

October 19th, 2012 16:00

Hi Udaya -

Thanks for the help! I followed the link and download/installed the file.  I still can't get my speed over 72 Mbps.  What else can I do?

Thanks!

Amanda

No Events found!