Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

F

May 28th, 2011 21:00

No Wireless enabled/disabled icon on my Studio 1747

I press FN/F2 to "enable and disable wireless" but cannot see the antenna icon appear on the screen to know if the functionalty even exists. Other function keys work properly. I vaguely remember seeing this icon when I first purchased the laptop, but soon after purchase I had to completely reinstall the operating system and have not had a need to a wireless connection to notice it was no longer there.

Because I cannot access wireless connections I assume there is a problem with enabling this feature of my laptop.

Can someone please offer advise to what I should be doing to check/correct that my laptop can receive a wifi connection? I've checked the recommended driver installs for my model of laptop, but nothing seems relevant.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 29th, 2011 06:00

Feemac,

Start, control panel, Windows Mobility Center. Look there and see if it's enabled.

Rick

1 Message

November 24th, 2011 13:00

Hi,

I have a Dell 1747 Studio i7. I also have a mini Dell 10" which was originally a mobile broadband sytem with a sim card inserted in the slot. My Dell 1747 also has a sim slot and I'd like to use my sim card from the mini Dell in the 1747, but it does not even register when I insert the card in the slot. I cant find anywhere to enable the sim slot . Can anyone help me to connect through this card?

Thanks,

Jalal5252

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 24th, 2011 19:00

Jalal5252,

If you didn't order the mobile broadband with the computer, the hardware for the sim card may not be there. It might just be an empty slot.

Rick

1 Message

February 25th, 2012 17:00

I too have the Studio 1747 with the same problem.  II tried Rock-Star-PudgyOne's suggestion of enabling the wireless thru the mobility center panel.   I didn't see the option listed (as he had it show on his graphic). Does anyone have thoughts on how to proceded.   

No Events found!