Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 20th, 2014 10:00

No audio from speakers on bluetooth audio streaming -

Environment: Windows 8.1 on a laptop Dell Inspiron 17R 5737 with an Intel(R) Wireless-N 7260 adapter with Intel(R) Wireless BT 4.0 +HS at level 3.1.1309.390 9-19-2013 iPod BT capable device Problem: The laptop speakers do not play the iPod music that is streamed over the bluetooth appaired connection. Unlike the Inspiron, the speakers of my car play the music streamed over the BT connection. I purchased the Inspiron in April 2014. I never tried before to use the audio streaming on it, so I don't know if it worked ever. The iPod is correctly appaired to the laptop. The Dell BT diagnostics show that my iPod, when BT connected, is in status configured / authenticated / active connection. However, when I start playing some music on my iPod, no sounds are going out from the Inspiron speakers. Currently, the laptop speakers work perfectly since I can play CDs or DVDs ... I must add, that since the purchase of the Inspiron: - there were only Windows updates performed. - the mother board was replaced by Dell, due to headphones/microphone jack problem. ... I contacted Intel networking Wireless support people: they told me that Intel provide the A2DP SINK and SRC roles. However Windows 8.1 is BT capable, but provide 'basic' functions. Then I contacted Windows 8.1 community people: They say that Windows 8.1 does support BT. As a consequence, they asked me to contact Dell who is the driver provider ... Did you experience such trouble ? What has to be done to have the iPod BT audio streaming playing on my Inspiron speakers ? Thanks for your help. Best regards. Gilbert.

1 Message

August 20th, 2014 15:00

Pretty much ditto, except I'm trying to use Soundlogic XT bluetooth headset.  Installation seemed to work, I can pair all right, and the settings are telling me I'm "connected," but no sound is coming from the headset. What's the haps, paps? I use headphones for work and this is kind of a big deal for me. Please to post a fix.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 21st, 2014 01:00

Hello Sugarbat, thanks for your update. Both of our BT problem description pinpoint to the Inspiron 17R Bluetooth misfunctionning. Based on the following BT developer pages, the Inspiron 17R does not fulfill the two A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile): the SINK role for me and the SRC role for you. Please have a look into the following: https://developer.bluetooth.org/TechnologyOverview/Pages/A2DP.aspx and https://developer.bluetooth.org/TechnologyOverview/Pages/ImplementingAdvancedAudioDistributionProfile.aspx I expect from Dell some hints to solve this annoying trouble.
No Events found!