Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 3rd, 2015 11:00

No internet Connection

Have a Dell Inspiron 3521 6 month old, and after 6 months this last week have no internet connection at all (wireless or wired). No idea on what to do (and of course this is being sent from another device). As information, I installed windows 10 about one month ago. Any recommendation?

1.8K Posts

October 5th, 2015 13:00

Hi,

Can you tell us what is happening when you try to pull up a web page?  Are you getting any specific error messages?   Pages timing out, etc?   Knowing what you're seeing when you try to pull up a page would help us figure out what is happening.

When you're attempting to connect to your network (either wireless or wired) are you able to actually connect?   Is your network icon in the task tray showing you connected and, if so, does it list you having internet access?  (If you hover your mouse over it you should get a pop up showing your status).

Here is a link to Dell's Networking and wireless support center.  You can find some good troubleshooting steps in there that may help you figure out what is happening with your connection.  Here are a few other links that you may find helpful:

Wireless Networking for the Home in Windows 10

Resolving Connection issues on your WiFi Network for Windows 10

Let us know what you're actually seeing (error messages, etc) when trying to pull up a website.  Also, try a different browser (such as chrome or firefox) and see if that helps.   

Todd

3 Posts

October 6th, 2015 07:00

Hi,

Is not a problem of Chrome, or Explorer. 
I started with the problem few weeks after installation of Windows 10. The icon on the bottom right corner doesn't show the wifi on, and connection is not even possible wired (although my wireless is working perfectly, checked with other devices). The computer doesn't even "see" the networks. 
I found in an internet page these instructions:

Step 1 – First things first, Right-Click the newly-reinstated Start Menu and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the drop-down menu.

Step 2 – Type out the following command, then hit the Enter key

reg delete HKCRCLSID{988248f3-a1ad-49bf-9170-676cbbc36ba3} /va /f

Step 3 – Enter the below command into the Command Prompt and then triumphantly hit the Enter key

netcfg -v -u dni_dne

Step 4 – Restart the PC and then double-check your wifi settings. You should now see a revived list of all of the available networks within range.

After doing it and restarting, the wireless icon appeared and computer connected both wired and wireless. After few minutes, the icon changed again to wifi off (same icon you can see when connected wired) even though wireless was working. An it was like that for a couple of days, and blocked again. Repeated the steps above and now connected again. The problem is that Windows 10 is more than one month old now, and can't be unnistalled very easily.
What to do?
Thanks,

1.8K Posts

October 6th, 2015 09:00

Hi,

Check out this support article on Windows 10 not finding networking hardware.  You performed the first suggestion but check out the section regarding any VPN software that might be present on your system.

Todd

1.8K Posts

October 8th, 2015 12:00

Hi,

And in case you haven't seen this, one of my co-workers sent me a link to this video about Windows 10 wifi problem of disconnecting or not connecting at all.  Not sure if you've tried all the steps in here or not but wanted to make sure you at least had a chance to see it.

Todd

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 9th, 2015 12:00

All information on setting up a router here 192.168.1.1   or  here  192.168.1.1

October 11th, 2015 01:00

How to set up a wireless router? here 192.168.1.1

3 Posts

November 3rd, 2015 05:00

Hi,

I did as mentioned on the link (method 3), and wifi started working, but still the icon on the right bottom showed no wifi. Moreover, after being in sleep mode and re-start the wifi stop working, and is always the same. Apparently the only solution is to remove windows 10. If I do it, should I have the previous windows in my computer? Any suggestion on exact steps to perform?

15 Posts

May 29th, 2016 20:00

Linksys routers mainly use an address 192.168.1.1

15 Posts

May 29th, 2016 20:00

To configure your router, simply type 192.168.l.l into your browser.

July 17th, 2016 20:00

You should reboot your router and check the default router ip address 192.168.l.l.

August 8th, 2016 20:00

Hamming-code parity is calculated across corresponding bits and stored on at least one parity drive.

1 Message

August 24th, 2016 03:00

I made successfully. thank you!

2 Posts

September 22nd, 2016 06:00

Best Router IP 192.168.1.1

September 29th, 2016 01:00

This is a good place to discuss wifi network.

No Events found!