Highlighted
4 Beryllium

Re: No internet access

Jump to solution

Hi Joanne,

Sorry to hear that you are still facing issues installing Google Chrome. Please try the alternate link below to install Google Chrome offline.

http://bit.ly/s7sAPB

Do you get any error messages when you try to run Skype or Steam? Please let me know so that I may assist you better.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

View solution in original post

Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Hi Babita,

The offline install did not work, the error message I am getting for Google Chrome is, "failed to run: error 0x80072ee4" and the error message for Steam is "WSAStartup() for 2.0 returned error code 10107" as far as Skype goes it is still saying that I am offline though I am running Internet Explorer. Do you have any other ideas?

Thank you,

Joanne

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 Beryllium

Jump to solution

Hi Joanne,

Thank you for your reply.

Please try the following steps to reset winsock settings on your computer for the issues you are facing.

• Click Start>Run>type in cmd>ok
  • in the command prompt window type the following command:  netsh winsock reset  and then press the Enter key.
  • Restart your computer.

Let me know if further help is needed.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

View solution in original post

Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I followed the reset thing and the internet worked for 2-3 minutes but again got "no internet access " in my wifi section . Repeatedly it happens. Pls help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Hi Babita,

You are the BEST!!! Everything is working perfectly, even Google Chrome!! Thank you soooo much for all of your time and patience with my crazy computer problems! Let your boss know that you deserve a raise and a few days off with pay!!:emotion-1: Was this problem preventable on my end? What did I do to cause this??

Thanks,

Joanne

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 Beryllium

Jump to solution

Hi Joanne,

Thank you for your reply. I am glad to know that the issue has been resolved and your system is working fine now.

Most of the Internet connectivity problems arise out of corrupt Winsock settings. Windows sockets settings may get corrupted due to the installation of a networking software, or perhaps due to Malware attacks which attempt to disable or filter internet connectivity . You will be able connect to the Internet, but the packets won't transfer back and forth.

Some preventive measures could be running regular system scans and keeping your anti-virus program updated. Always turn off your computer when not in use. Be careful of attachments and links which you receive in emails.

Please feel free to contact me in case of any further queries.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

0 Kudos