Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 24th, 2013 01:00

No network controller really need help!

hi

Can anyone help?  recently had to reinstall my operating system on Vostro 1520, reinstalled all drivers in recommended order but cant access any internet. 

In the Device Manager I have an exclamation at the side of the Network Controller device, there is no driver installed and I can't locate one anywhere!

Device path name is PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4315

Can anyone help, its driving me insane spent days trying to solve

Thanks

Hi ljwilliamson,

Thank you for your response,

It seems that all the Drivers has to be installed on the computer as previously you had mentioned about Re-Installing the Operating System.

Please follow the same instructions and install all the drivers available on the website, Here’s a link below for the drivers installation.
http://dell.to/XULgT2

Please Install.

1. Audio

2. Chipset drivers

3. Modem / Communication drivers

4. Mouse / Keyboard & Input Devices

5. Network

6. Video

7. Applications

Please Install these drivers and restart the computer once done and everything else should work absolutely fine.

Do reply us back if any issues.

Hi ljwilliamson,

Welcome to the Dell Community Forum,

We’ll have to install the Network drivers for your computer, the error message is for the Network drivers error, please click on the link below to access the Dell Support website.
http://dell.to/XULgT2

Type in the Service tag of your computer, select the Operating system type and under Network select the driver and install them and restart the computer and you should be able to download and install the driver successfully and should be able to go online,

Let us know if this helps.

Brilliant thanks, this has now worked. I also have the same error against the following, is this a problem?

Standard VGA Graphic adapter

Mass storage controller

video controller

1 Message

December 17th, 2013 10:00

If that does not work check to see if the ethernet controller  to see if its a broadcom 440x 10/100 if so go to broadcom.com  with the device # its on the path  PCT|VEN  is where is says DEV and then a number look it up at that site and it will explain every thing to you what you will have to do to get it working it has to do with windows SERVER 2008 R2 SP1 good luck

No Events found!