Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 8th, 2009 12:00

No wireless connection in Inspiron 1721 - Just stopped working

My girlfriend's Inspiron 1721's wireless card just stopped working. The wireless switch on the left doesn't do anything. I go into the device manager and it's got the yellow exclamation point tag on it. It says the wireless driver cannot be started. I try rolling it back, updating it, disabling and re-enabling it, uninstalling it and installing new drivers, and nothing works. And in regards to the new drivers, the I downloaded the R174292 driver pack for her, it is says they're not compatible. How can that be? That's the Dell wireless driver pack for an Inspiron 1721, correct?

Anyone have any ideas? She just got off the phone with Dell and since she's now out of her warranty, they're going to charge her to help her. We're graduate students and we really need internet capabilities (well, I'm fine on my HP [no offense], but she really needs it).

11 Posts

September 12th, 2016 15:00

I have Vista biz 64 bit SP3, and it still isnt detecting my wireless card on first install of the vista OS, which I find odd given its SP3. I suspect a burned out card ?

This is 7 yrs old and I hope its not wrong to do this, but I'm having the same problem now, and doing a 'update driver' from device manager, on yes a 7 ish yr old computer, but I love it for the 17 " display and for mobile, is not working; it can't find the drivers.

Are they on dells website somewhere ?

11 Posts

September 12th, 2016 16:00

Pls delete, I just made a new thread.

No Events found!