Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 21st, 2009 07:00

Notification Area missing icon

Hi.  Very little thing but very annoying to me.  The Notification Area on the bottom right of my screen - I always used to have an icon that has all of a sudden disappeared and can't get it back.  It is the icon to show whether or not you have an internet connection - it is a small computer with a blue or red X on it (blue means connected, red means not).  If I right click on that bar and click properties, Notification Area tab, it lists the icons that could possibly show up there.  Network is on the list but it is greyed out so I can't click it.  Everything else is fine - my wireless connection is fine.  I just would l ike to get that icon back.

thank you

March 22nd, 2009 08:00

OS sounds to be linux from his description. Taskbar repair won't help there.

4.6K Posts

March 22nd, 2009 08:00

Welcome to the forums :emotion-21:

System?  OS?

I don't know why it would be greyed out, or how to fix it.... but if nobody else comes up with suggestions, you might want to give Taskbar Repair Tool Plus! a try?

August 29th, 2009 18:00

I am having the same issue, I am on windows vista home premium 64bit, on a dell studio xps 1640

1 Message

October 18th, 2009 22:00

Me too! Same OS on a dell studio 1735.  any resolution? I've lost the network, volume, and power icons; still have the clock.

1 Message

January 17th, 2010 08:00

Having the same exact problem here. It may have occurred after installing a sound driver update. In notification area settings of taskbar (Running Windows Vista 32-bit Home premium) both 'network' and 'volume' are greyed out and cannot be selected.

Do Dell technicians actually check these forums??

1 Message

April 13th, 2010 21:00

I have the exact same problem. The wireless connection icon is suddenly missing on the notification bar. It used to be next to the power and volume icon.

Please let me know how you fixed it. Thanks.

No Events found!