Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 1st, 2009 10:00

Printer 942 problems

1.My printer keep saying to "clear paper jam" I have done everything but take it apart and there's no paper jam. How do I fix this.

2.I got new ink and the printer is still saying that the ink is low and it's not low.How do I fix this.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 1st, 2009 12:00

nikki3567,

But did you disconnect the printer and turn it upside down and shake it for 30 seconds? Did you try using a vacuum  cleaner?

Is the ink level ok on the printer but not on your computer, or do they match?

As for the ink, Are these Dell Series 5 ink cartridges?

Where are you getting the low ink message, on the printer, on the computer and/or both?

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

Rick

2 Posts

August 2nd, 2009 10:00

Yes I did disconnect the printer and I turned it upside down shaking it for 30 seconds and I still have the paper jam message.

The ink levels are low on the printer as well as the PC.

No they are not Dell Series. They are from Cartridge World.

I'm also getting a file needed message "File "dbucnv4.dll" on Dell is needed".

I also can't get the print options up anymore.You no where you can go to scan something to word,excel,paint or to do pictures?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 2nd, 2009 11:00

nikki3567,

Using non-Dell Series 5 cartridges can be a big part of your problem. The paper jam message should have cleared when you unplugged the printer from the wall and removed the power brick for 60 seconds.

Please try re-installing the printer this way and then tell us what happens.

Please make sure your computer has all the Windows Updates, especially .net framework, which is needed to run many applications. Also make sure you have the latest Java.

Disconnect your printer.

Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer. Run the patch(a MUST on Vista machines) until it prompts you to restart your computer. (You may have to right click on the patch, left click run as administrator)

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit drivers

Vista 64-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect the printer(powered on)

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

No Events found!