Highlighted
WinnieInPhilly
1 Copper

Printer not Communicating with Laptop

I recently got new internet service and now my wireless printer and laptop are not communicating.  I think I need the wire to plug into the laptop + printer, but I lost it.  Is there any way to fix this?

Printer: Dell V715W

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Printer not Communicating with Laptop

Hi WinnieInPhilly,

Since, you have moved to a different internet service provider, the wireless settings needs to be changed for the printer to communicate with the laptop.
You may try to connect your printer wirelessly. Here are the steps.

First, uninstall the printer software from the Control panel. Press and hold the Windows key and press 'R' key. This will open the run window -> Type 'appwiz.cpl' without the parenthesis, click on 'Ok -> look for the printer software -> uninstall it and restart he computer.

Now, reset the printer to factory setting.
Note: Resetting to factory default settings will delete all the printer settings you have previously selected.

From the printer control panel, press  .

• Press the up or down arrow button to scroll to Defaults, and then press  .
  • Press the up or down arrow button to scroll to Set Defaults, and then press  .
  • Press the up or down arrow button to scroll to Use Factory, and then press  .
  • When prompted to set the initial settings of your printer, make your selections using the printer control panel
  • buttons.
  • Initial Setup Complete appears on the display

Now, install the driver using the disc or from the link http://dell.to/Tx4ht8 . You should be prompted to connect the printer Wirelessly or via USB cable. Choose Wireless connection. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.

You may refer to the manual for more information http://bit.ly/Y8aCzp

Please reply if you have any questions.

Thanks & Regards,
Appu S
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell’s Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Orders & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA, India. For Dell Support Videos, click Here.

0 Kudos