Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 13th, 2011 17:00

Problem with Dell Inspiron N5110 Wireless Network Adapter

Hi there,

I got myself a new dell inspiron n5110 about 2-3 months ago off the online dell store but as of the last month I've had serious issues with internet connections. The problem is is that when connected the connection will be either slow, cut out, won't completely download files, or just lose connection completely. I know it is not the internet or router because I have tried my lap top on 5+ different access points from home-work, etc. I think it may have to do with the laptop not providing enough power to the wireless networ adapter but I'm not sure. I;ve tried reinstalling the drivers multiple times, disabling/enabling, troublshooting but so far I've found no solution. If there is any more information you;d like me to provide, please let me know, and thank you for taking your time to review this.

Daniel.

April 5th, 2012 07:00

1030   I bought a micro usb nic and have NOT had problems since. Further evidence that it IS hardware and further evidence that dell support is not interested in customer service.  I have bought a new HP laptop since then because of the poor customer support, but this Inspiron is simply too new to replace.

1 Message

April 5th, 2012 07:00

What is N-1030 or N-6230, wireless card ?  Thanks

1 Message

April 22nd, 2012 05:00

I have also had problems with my computer I have figured out it's something to do with the software of the network adapter I have to constantly turn it off and back on to get it to work the best way is to use ethernet instead or a external network adapter would be best. I also think it's because the network adapter gets very hot, when I use it for a hour when I'm typing I can feel the heat coming off the keyboard this could be the graphics card because the reviews i've looked at says that it gets hot really quickly or it could be the processor. My sister's got a HP laptop and it works perfectly fine she has a Nvida graphics card I'm pretty sure n5110 has a intel HD family card which is different to nivida. Also When I used ethernet I noticed that when I used wireless my connection speed went up from 250k/s to 280k/s, it was trying to match my ethernet speed. But anyway is there any actual answer to this problem?

1 Message

May 23rd, 2012 11:00

i just bought dell n5110 but it is very slow on wireless network

68 Posts

May 25th, 2012 13:00

Ok then, can you, please, tell me how I can update from 1030 to 6230 without a technician help?

1 Message

May 27th, 2012 04:00

Many thanks, disable the Bluetooth thing worked for me as a magic my wireless connection was excellent but poorly slow and after disabling the Bluetooth it really fast and steady!
By the way I use a brand new 1 week old Dell Inspiron n4110 Intel i3 windows 7 64bit

68 Posts

May 27th, 2012 09:00

And if this is the other solution excluding the wireless card exchange, how I can disable the bluetooth when there are 5 bluetooth options. Which one with what name should I disable?

68 Posts

May 27th, 2012 09:00

It seems I found the adapter, it says 'Generic Bluetooth adapter'. When I disabled it all other Bluetooth things have gone. Hope this helps.

1 Message

July 17th, 2012 09:00

This solution worked for me, too, but I had to reboot first.

October 15th, 2012 14:00

pudgyone

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 15th, 2012 15:00

DELL N5110 INSPIRON,

You said...

pudgyone

Is there something I can help you with?

Rick

1 Message

October 24th, 2012 04:00

I too found a problem with a slow network adapter. The Dell model isn't the same, however I found disabling McAfee firewall helped.

1 Message

October 31st, 2012 18:00

thank you very very much bro u made me really happy

5 Posts

November 12th, 2012 15:00

I did what DAMIII had tried and had a Dell hardware tech. support rep. dispatched to my residence.  It took a long time for Dell to pinpoint the problem. I have a post on my ordeal: en.community.dell.com/.../20227886.aspx

Bottom line, do the following if you're having issues with your (non)wireless connection:

#1 - Replace your 1030 wireless adpapter with the 6030. I agree with DAMIII the 1030 is garbage.

#2 - Make sure to install your device drivers in the correct order as suggested by RockSt☆r-Rick K, go here: support.dell.com/.../document

5 Posts

February 27th, 2013 22:00

IN my dell n5110 LAN and wifi adapter in network sharing got DELETED automatically. And PD's are not getting detected also and audio is not working

. how can i  install fresh drivers.?

There is Ubuntu in dual boot with windows 7 . In ubuntu wifi audio pd works fine but not in windows 7.Strange. Help.

Thanx

No Events found!