Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 1st, 2010 15:00

Problem with WLan drivers on Dell Inspiron N5010

I've recently bought Dell Inspiron N5010 laptop, however there seems to be one small issue: can't get WLan drivers installed.

I'm using Windows 7 (64x edition). On Device Manager, under "Other Devices" there is an unknown "Network Controller".

Tried installing drivers from Dell Drivers & Downloads section (yes, used my service tag), but there was a problem with following ones:

-  R252544 for Dell Wireless WLAN 1520 Half MiniCard. Result: "No compatible hardware found. The software you are attempting to install is not supported on this system. The software will not be installed."  Half Mini Card

- R247430 for Intel Intel (R) WiMAX Link 6250. Result: "This software package cannot be installed on your system."

- R252283 for Intel Intel(R) WiFi Link 6200 "No compatible hardware found. The software you are attempting to install is not supported on this system. The software will not be installed."

All these messages appear right after running setup. Other drivers were installed successfully and in the right order.

January 31st, 2011 15:00

try it from the Bios settings....theres a setting to be made to turn all or selected networking solutions at the startup..try turning them all...

4 Posts

February 1st, 2011 02:00

done that too...

I even called DELLCallCenter...

And they said, that im not the only one whit this problem.

And they will send me a new wlan card...I hope that will solve the problem...

Just in case:

The notebook is 3days old. Bit funny.

there was a short period, when the wifi worked well, than i started to update win 7 after that the wifi said hello to this world, and gone.

And I cant understand why?

3 Posts

February 3rd, 2011 11:00

Please send me the link.

4 Posts

February 7th, 2011 06:00

Dell sent the NEW wlan card.

Finally :)

I replaced the Wlan Card...and... it works just as it should.

It is a Intel Wifi Link N-6200 AGN. And it works fine with the driver on DELL website.

So even brand new things can be bad... :)

1 Message

March 5th, 2011 06:00

i purchased a dell inspiron lap 2 weeks ago with i5 processor and am desperately in need of a wifi driver software.

can u jus tel me where i can get one?

1 Message

March 11th, 2011 11:00

Hi!

I have the same probleme like you had for Dell Inspiron N5010. I recently bought a Dell Inspiron N5030 and i'm not able to install Wireless on my computer. I allready tried to install all the drivers in correct order with the same result. Could you please gave me a broadcom driver wich is compatible with my laptop. I want to specify that my opperating sistem is Windows 7 x64. I'm also waiting for other solutions.

Thanks a lot!

March 13th, 2011 08:00

thx a lot - finally got my wifi working thx to ur tip :)

2 Posts

March 16th, 2011 00:00

Hello Everybody,

I have the same story as others have. but got the solution bit different. :)
followed all steps mentined in previous posts but didnt got the solution. After banging my head for 6 days i used driver genius pro and got NEW card in queue and it is "Intel PROSet/Wireless Drivers", the sw i used did all things for me from indentifying the device, downloadin gthe driver and installing it.

But if u dont have that sw u can simply go to http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/cs-010623.htm and scan for your hardware.
Thanks for posting your reviews and solutions.

Hope mine post will help someone

Dell people should look into such issuses and sort it out for ever.

2 Posts

March 16th, 2011 01:00

In device manager it ahows "Intel(R) WiFi Link 1000 BGN"

Working properly.

1 Message

April 4th, 2011 00:00

Forget to search drivers for wlan.....

just install "Driver Genius Pro" and it'll automatically download drivers for your all hardwares....

Only this way you can solve your wlan driver issue..

Direct download from here

or Download by torrent from here

April 24th, 2011 08:00

Dell Inspiron WLAN (Wifi) Driver for Windows 7 32Bit are not available from Dell Official or Microsoft Update (online).
I came accross this issue today and solved it by searching 32Bit Drivers for the WLAN hardware and found the drivers. Below is the link from Intel Official Official Support.
Intel WiFi Link 1000BGN Drivers
Download/ Install the drivers/ and Enjoy wireless internet connectivity!
From adaptor properties - Advanced, select AUTO for 802.11n Channel Width to experience 300Mbps downlink Data Rate.!!!

Hope it helps! Good Luck!
CreativeTECH

1 Message

May 7th, 2011 07:00

Hi All

WIFI adaptor - Intel® PROSet/Wireless - downloaded 35 MB Drivers from the link below, worked for me

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=19855&keyword=%22proset+drivers%22&lang=eng

2 Posts

May 11th, 2011 04:00

Dell Inspiron N5010 all driver download. good luck

May 11th, 2011 05:00

Hi

You can try this out

Right click on network conroller where you want to install the driver , & go to properties & select the details tab & make a note of Vendor ID & device ID

VEN_ is the vendor ID &  DEV_ is thd device ID

Then go to http://pcidatabase.com & enter the device ID & vendor ID to get the right manufacturer & driver

1 Message

May 30th, 2011 10:00

R252544 for Dell Wireless WLAN 1520 Half MiniCard. Result: "No compatible hardware found. The software you are attempting to install is not supported on this system. The software will not be installed."  Half Mini Card

No Events found!