Unsolved

Closed

A

45 Posts

May 12th, 2023 17:00

Qualcomm QCA9377 802.11ac 1x1 WiFi and Bluetooth for Dell XPS 830 Disconnects

XPS 8930

XPS 8930

My Qualcomm QCA9377 802.11ac 1x1 WiFi and Bluetooth for my Dell XPS 2930 (Win10) started to frequently disconnect.  Reconnecting did nothing. I tried the troubleshooter, but ti began to stop fixing the problem, and insisting it's my modem (It's not. I could still stream on my TV and use other wifi devices while my computer was a no go.)  I'd reboot at first to fix it, then it stopped connecting on startup. Ditto for shutting down entirely.

So I bought a new Qualcomm QCA9377 802.11ac 1x1 WiFi and Bluetooth (tried ehre, but Dell for some reason doesn't sell wifi network cards).. This one at first worked great. Even connected at first start up.  But the next day, it began disconnecting.  Now it disconnects at least once a day. Sometimes doesn't connect at start up.  And even once connected for 30 seconds before disconnecting.

How can I make it stay connected?  I tried unchecking the box to allow Windows to turn off when not in use. I tried switching from Public to Private but that made it continually disconnect upon connection. I hope I don't need to replace it. It was a nightmare the last time. The Main Antenna (WHITE) refused to stay connected.  The wires need to loop around, but they're not into bending, which they need to do. So they constantly pop off if you breath on them.  Took me 2.5 hours to finally get it connected. Do not want to go through that again. But I need a wifi adapter to go online.

• 

16.7K Posts

September 6th, 2023 12:35

Ather,

To receive assistance from Dell chat support, they need to verify the warranty status and ownership. Then you must troubleshoot with them.  Click the "Get Help Now" icon on the right to start a live chat session.

If already out of warranty, click here for the Dell out of warranty offering.

(edited)

No Events found!