Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 31st, 2012 23:00

Realtek PCIe FE

Ethernet card will not recognize network cable being plugged in. I have used several cables and 3 different routers on two different networks. I downloaded the diagnostic and it would not find the connected cable. I have re-installed the card through through the device manager and downloaded a dell recommended driver for the card. Any suggestion on other things I might try?

803 Posts

September 1st, 2012 00:00

Hi,

Please let me know if the link lights beside the network port  turns On, when the network cable is connected?

Also enter the BIOS set up, connect the network cable and check the link lights.

Run the Dell 32-bit hardware diagnostics on the network card using the below given link:

support.dell.com/.../document

Do reply with results.

3 Posts

September 1st, 2012 10:00

I ran the diag as suggested and in thorough mode with no problems found. Everything shows to be installed or running with the exception wireles WAN which shows to be Not installed. There is no light activity on the port being used to connect to the router. I used the same configuration with another Dell laptop and the port light showed activity and the computer connected to the internet with no problem. Any suggestions?

803 Posts

September 2nd, 2012 01:00

Hi,

This seems to be an issue with the wireless card. Try to re-seat the wireless card and cables using the system manual which can be found on the Dell support site.

If re-seating the wireless card and cables does not fix the issue, you may have to replace the wireless card.

Please revert for clarifications.

3 Posts

September 2nd, 2012 06:00

I don't think I want to try to open one of the new laptops from Dell. Last time I stopped after 17 small screws when it told me how to remove the keyboard. How do I file a warrenty claim?

803 Posts

September 4th, 2012 22:00

Hi,

Please click on my user name and add me as a friend. Send a private message with the service tag, name and contact number so that I can get this taken care of.

No Events found!