Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

I

June 10th, 2010 05:00

Router Reliability Problems... Three routers replaced in 4 years!!

I have a frustrating problem regarding wireless routers.

I am a home user that has had to replace 3 routers in the last 4 years.

I bought the highly recommended Cisco E1000 on April 4 of this year, and after only two months the same problems have started!

Yesterday while I was looking for yet another one at Best Buy, another shipper who runs an office said this was a common problem and that he has to replace his office router about every 18 months. He said they are generally on 24/7 and they just don’t last too long.

The same problem..router loses connectivity with the internet, requiring unplugging waiting a minute an restarting. Are you finding this has been a common problem?

I thought that buying an expensive router might help, but it hasn’t It appers that buying a cheap or expensive router makes no difference.

Have any of you wireless router users out there had this router failure problem.

Is it possible that the cable modem might be causing the routers to fail?

Any hands on experience or suggestions with this problem would be greatly appreciated!

• 

16.7K Posts

June 10th, 2010 06:00

idreos,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

I cannot say this is normal. I have used the same router for around 3 years. It's hard to say what could be causing this to happen. I have had success with D-Link and  also Linksys Wireless-G routers.

No Events found!