Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 4th, 2017 12:00

Stuck for ideas - WiFi or PC - which must go?

I have a new Inspiron 3268 which I like very much. However, it occasionally fails to load web pages when on WiFi. I can trigger the fault whenever I like by performing an upload speed test - it always freezes out my device from connecting to webpages.

During this 'down' time, other devices can still use my broadband, even via my Dell, if I have the hotspot switched on! My Dell can also connected to other devices on the homegroup. All browsers I have tested are effected (edge, chrome, firefox). Pings, however, get through.

My wifi and broadband work fine for every other device I can find to test on it.

Trouble is, the Dell works fine on every other broadband I can find to test it on.

As you can imagine, I feel I am going mad. Everything my PC vendor and broadband provider can suggest I have already tried. I feel the only solution is to get rid of one or both. Any suggestions?

9.4K Posts

November 6th, 2017 10:00

Hi JohnRMoore,

Thanks for posting.

Apologies that your computer is not working as expected.  Have you tried a different wifi card? Perhaps a USB plug in?  That might be helpful for troubleshooting.  Also, do you have the same issue when using the ethernet cable?  

Here is some information you may find helpful: http://dell.to/2znIYVU

2 Posts

November 6th, 2017 11:00

I'm having the same problem! I haven't tried mine on any other broadband because all my other devices are working fine. I'll post a new reply if I get any answers. I really like the computer but if I can't connect to wifi it has to go :(

No Events found!