Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 3rd, 2010 06:00

StudioXPS 1340 wireless not working, wireless service not running?

My sisters laptop (Studio XPS 13) stopped recognizing it's wireless card, or something similar, it won't connect to our wireless network (I'm typing this with my XPS m1330). I recently installed Win7 64 on her system, and installed all of the drivers and her wireless was working. I have tried a bunch of things (re-installing the drivers, upgrading the bios from 7 to 11) but nothing works.

The wireless touch button (to disable wireless/enable wireless) is on. I have restarted the system numerous times, and have let it sit without it's battery for a while, too.

Troubleshooting gives me this error: "The Windows wireless service is not running on this computer." and the "Local Area Connection adapter is not working properly". When clicking "Try to repair these as administrator" I get a dialog box that tells me that the Local Area Connection is experiencing driver or hardware related problems.

When I press winkey+X (to get to the mobility center) there is no Wireless Network option, so I can't turn on/turn off the antenna. It doesn't exist.

This is incredibly frustrating and I haven't found an answer, can anyone help?

No Responses!
No Events found!