Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

F

June 28th, 2008 16:00

TV tuner issue. Easy yes or no?

"Joe,

Try posting this in the Network/Internet/Wireless Forum. Maybe Steve(volcano11) knows something about this and can help. He's really good at getting things working. This being hidden in the 968w printer post just hides the help you may be able to get from others."

I copied this over...

Da battle rages.  Banging Head My latest response to Dell after their latest response this morning...

"Just read your response and I don't think you did read "whole" history. I purchased 1720 with tv card AND NO EXTENDER with the understanding that the tv card would receive tv signal WIRELESSLY FROM WIRELESS ROUTER WITHOUT CABLE. After many support emails you(Dell) finally understood that I didn't have a HARDWIRE to card and it was agreed that I would RETURN THE TV TUNER CARD BECAUSE IT WOULD NOT WORK WIRELESSLY. As arrangements were being made to return it, a "senior(?)" tech called and TOLD ME IF I BUY THE EXTENDER IT WOULD ACCEPT TV SIGNAL WIRELESSLY FROM ROUTER AND WIRELESSY RELAY SIGNAL TO TV CARD to watch tv wirelessly on 1720. Now you are telling me I STILL NEED A HARDWIRE TO TV CARD!? HELP!"

Rant

I'm gonna wait and see how they respond before I lose hair faster by trying to do something that may be "undoable".

Joe

Is my goal doable?

Joe

16 Posts

June 28th, 2008 18:00

The End...

Dear Joe Laskoski, Thank you for your reply. Please accept my apologies for the difficulties you encountered when attempting to resolve your technical problems. I assure you that your situation is not indicative of the quality service Dell is capable of providing. I am truly sorry that we were not able to provide you with an experience which was completely satisfactory.  I have researched on this issue for you.  Sir, there is no way we can watch TV Wirelessly on Inspiron 1720 Laptop. The Media Extender acutally transmit signals from Laptop's TV Tuner card to a TV receiver. You can watch streaming videos and photos on your TV. Please understand, there is no device on your TV Tuner card which can transceive (transfer and receive) wireless signals. Therefore all TV Tuner cards are always hardwired.  If you want to return your devices, you can contact Dell Sales at 1-800-357-3355 or Dell Customer Care at 1-800-624-9897. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your comments and suggestions are very important and will us assist in making improvements. I hope that our future service opportunities result in nothing less than your complete satisfaction.

And it's ok. Will return card and extender and be happy.  Thumbs up
No Events found!