Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 28th, 2006 05:00

TrueMobile 300 Bluetooth problem - Bluetooth Device Not Found + PPP 743 Error

Hi,

I mhave an Inspiron 9200 running XP2 with a BT internal card (Part #: T5152 CARD, WIRELESS, INTERNAL, BLUETOOTH, REVISION .) It did work fine with my Seimens S65 GPRS phone for a while. Now, I get the Blue and Red Bluetooth symbol in the task tray and when I click on it, it tells me to Ënable Blue Tooth.) When I click on Fn+F2 the Bluetooth light goes on. I can use BT to transfer files between my phone and my computer. I cannot use any Dell software successfully. However, as a lark, I tried some "Virtual Blue tooth software from IVT and with that software I can begin the process of uing GPRS on my phone. The dialog theat ensues says that I am being connected and that I am being registered onto the network, but then I get a PPP743 error msg. I am baffled. I have reloaded the drivers and nothing seems to work.

One final note: When BT was working with GPRS, I noticed that it was using com7. Now, it is using com 15 and com 7 seems to be unavailable on my machine. The registry shows that com 7, along with all the other com ports is being registered, but when I look to see what com ports are available for use on my machine, com 7 is emabarrassingly absent.

Any help will be appreciated. I am now in Turkey and since I am out of my warranty period, getting Dell help has been difficult.

Regards,
Dan
No Responses!
No Events found!