Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

January 23rd, 2011 15:00

Unable to 'Enable' wireless connection on Vostro 1710

The subject line says it all. No matter what I try, I cannot connect wirelessly either to my home or public network. Is there an app to help diagnose what's wrong? H E L P !!!

3 Posts

January 23rd, 2011 16:00

I ck'd F2 and it is enabled. I also realized I didn't answer your other question. The problem has been occurring on and off for a while but it usually decides to work with half an hour or so of trying. This time it's been 4 hours and 3 different networks and no luck. My anti-virus has been and is Eset's NOD32.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

ProBowler,

Does the network adapter shown in the device manager? Is it enabled there?

Restart your computer and press F2 and enter the bios. Is the wireless adapter enabled there?

If this was recent, what virus protection are you using?

Rick

3 Posts

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, the adapter shows up as enabled and says it is working properly. In addition the wireless 'tower' is lit at the top of the keyboard. Under Control Panel, Network Connections, Wireless Network Connector "Enabled" is available. However, when I click it it goes thru the process of enabling but when I check the connection nothing changes. I will restart the computer now and check the BIOS. If you don't here from me within 5 minutes then assume it is enabled but still not working.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 23rd, 2011 17:00

ProBowler,

We did have a few issues with some virus programs causing problems with the wireless adapters but don't think this was one of them.

Try running Finding System Information and post back your network adapters at the bottom.

Do you use peer to peer products?

Rick

No Events found!