Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 18th, 2012 23:00

Unable to connect bluetooth headset

I recently bought a  new DELL Inspiron 15r laptop which came along with a byte bluetooth headset. I am having problem in connecting the bluetooth headset with my laptop. The device is not getting listed in the view devices window. I could able to connect other bluetooth devices to my laptop. I am not sure whether the problem is with the laptop or OS or the headset itself. I couldn't even pair the headset with my samsung galaxy 5 mobile. Any quick help would be appreciated. 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 19th, 2012 02:00

Hi

Welcome to the community

I think the problem is with your headset, the fact that your laptop can connect with other Bluetooth device means that computer is fine. Also you have tried connecting this headset to your galaxy and still not connecting (or being detected) make sure the headset is on, and check for indicators that is giving signal.

Regards,

6 Posts

March 19th, 2012 02:00

I did everything as it is mentioned in the headset manual, but still i could not able to detect the device in my mobile or laptop.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 19th, 2012 03:00

Hi, please accept my friend request, and send your service tag thru private message.

Thank you

6 Posts

March 19th, 2012 14:00

Sent u the service tag. Actually i could able to detect the headset through my mobile, but having trouble in pairing it.

1 Message

June 10th, 2012 04:00

hii,

I am facing the same problem,kindly let me know if u found the fix for it.

Thanks and Regards

Sumit Arora

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 10th, 2012 06:00

Sumit Arora,

First, places to look to see if your Bluetooth Connection is enabled

Try reading...

Bluetooth connection and pairing

I read in a post somewhere that you have to hold the button on the headset until the lights flash alternately.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 28th, 2012 13:00

chiru86,

Press and hold the buttons for 7 seconds, until the lights flash red and blue.

Rick

1 Message

June 28th, 2012 13:00

i am also unable to connect my bt headset with my 15r plzz help me

No Events found!