Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 14th, 2014 19:00

Verizon Broadband card for Precision M4800 - not an option anymore

Dell has been no help in the matter.  I need to put a Verizon Broadband Card in my system.  there is a slot for it...The specs says it supports the following...Mobile Broadband & GPS:

•  Dell Wireless™ DW5570 Multi-mode HSPA+/-42Mbps full Mini-Card

• Dell Wireless™ DW5808 Gobi 4G/LTE full Mini-Card  

The issue is that dell would not sell  the laptop with a card pre-installed...sales guy said I could purchase it later.  Long story short...Later is now here....Dell says they won't sell me one b/c they need to program it...emailed sales person had no luck with a response...has anyone done this successfully from a 3rd party vendor? Any details are appreciated.  Would prefer to install the DW5808...Dell if you are reading this please help!

March 20th, 2014 16:00

I'm interested in adding a GobiTM 4G LTE Full Mini Card (Dell WirelessTM DW5808 for AT&T) to my Latitude E7440. Is this card available for previously purchased laptops or only new laptops? 

April 9th, 2014 01:00

Stay away from the DW5570, at least if you want to use it with Linux.

The card comes up with the radio part powered down and nobody so far knows how to power it up.

The OEM (Sierra Wireless) itself lists the card (MC8805 aka DW5570) as EOL and neither provide drivers, nor do they accept postings for this card in their support forum.

My sales rep in Germany sold the card to me separately, he wouldn't sell me the DW5808.

No Events found!