Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 26th, 2013 11:00

Very slow wireless networking on my Brand New Dell xps 13.

Hello to all,

I recently bought a brandnew dell xps 13 and am experiencing some serious wifi problems. Most of the time my internet is slow and sometimes i dont even have a connection. I asked my family members if they were also facing these kind of problems, but they do not. 

My smartphone and my old laptop are way faster than this brand machine, even at school i have these wifi problems. 

I have already installed the newest drivers for wireless browing etc. 

My ultrabook runs windows 8 for the record. Please help guys, It's a pity to have such a great machine at home but you cant use it to its maximum. 

Thanks anyways

model l322x

1.5K Posts

May 7th, 2013 08:00

Hi jskurka,

You may try to make the following changes to Intel wireless card settings:

• Open Device Manager.
  • Expand ‘Network Adapters’
  • Right click the wireless card and choose Properties.
  • Click ‘Advanced’
  •  Disable ‘802.11n Mode’
  •  Change ‘Ad Hoc Channel 802.11b/g’ to 6
  •  Change ‘Ad Hoc QoS Mode’ to ‘WMM Enabled’
  •  Change ‘Mixed Mode Protection’ to ‘RTS/CTS Enabled’
  • Change ‘Roaming Aggressiveness’ to ‘Highest’
  • Change ‘Transmit Power’ to ‘Highest’
  • Click ‘Power management’
  • Uncheck ‘Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power’

Hope this helps. Keep me posted with the results.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

February 27th, 2013 03:00

Hi

Please try the below mentioned steps:

1. Click “Start”, type “Power options”, and then click “Settings” on the right hand side. Click “Power options” from the search results.
  2. On the Select a power plan page, click Change plan settings for the plan that you want to change.
  3. On the Change settings for the plan page, click “Change advanced power settings”.
  4. On the “Advance settings” tab, expand “Wireless adapter settings”, expand “Power saving mode” and change the settings to “Maximum Performance”.
  5. Click Apply and then Ok to save changes and exit.
  6. Restart the computer and check for the strength of wireless networks.

If the above options do not work please try changing the settings for wireless card in Device manager.

Please follow the below mentioned steps;

1. Click “start”.
  2. Type “Device Manager” in the search box.
  3. Select “Device Manager “in the list.
  4. Double click “Network Adapters”.
  5. Right click the wireless card.
  6. Select “Properties” and set "Transmit Power" to maximum and "Roaming Aggressiveness" to lowest setting.
  7. Restart the computer to save changes and check the wireless signal strength.

Please post the results.

To know more about Dell’s products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6

5 Posts

May 1st, 2013 07:00

I have the same issue.  The above power suggestions do not help.  The XPS133 was a blazingly fast machine when I got it, but then after only about 1 month, the wireless became nearly unusable.  THis machine is running WIn8.  Any other suggestions?

1.5K Posts

May 3rd, 2013 02:00

Hi jskurka,

I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the wireless drivers. XPS 13 is shipped in 2 variants: L321x and L322x. Please share the exact system model and model of wireless card installed on the system as listed in device manager. We will take it further from there.

Keep me posted with the information. I will be glad to assist further.

5 Posts

May 3rd, 2013 15:00

I cannot locate the variant information.  Can you tell me where I can find it?

I have a Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 wireless adapter.  The driver version was 15.5.0.41  I uninstalled the device, and asked Windows to delete the driver.

I then scanned for new hardware, and it automatically installed the new device and the same driver.  Performance not any better.  Still unacceptably slow - I'm sitting 5 ft from the wireless access point.

1.5K Posts

May 6th, 2013 11:00

Hi jskurka,

Thank you for the reply. You may install the latest wireless drivers for Intel Centrino Advanced N-6235 from the link below:

http://dell.to/11bWDKu

Hope this helps. Please feel free to reply for any further questions.

5 Posts

May 6th, 2013 20:00

I updated the driver, and there's not really any improvement.  For instance, facebook takes > 30s to completely load.  Using Chrome is no help either.  sending a tweet takes forever.  Really unacceptable.  This is brand new - where can I take it locally to have it checked out under warranty?

5 Posts

May 7th, 2013 10:00

OK - well, this appears to be an improvement.  Let me do more testing tonight, but initially, it appears as though page loading times are much faster now..

1.5K Posts

May 8th, 2013 11:00

Hi jskurka,

Thank you for the reply. I am glad to know that wireless connection has shown improvement after making the changes in settings. I hope it is still working better and faster than before.

Keep me posted with the results. I will be glad to assist further.

5 Posts

May 8th, 2013 19:00

I checked it out last night and the new settings fixed the problem.  I blazed through page after page for over an hour.  No issues.  Thanks for the help.

1.5K Posts

May 10th, 2013 12:00

Hi jskurka,

I am delighted to know that the issue has been resolved. Thank you for the patience and cooperation.

Please feel free to reply for any further questions. I will be glad to assist.

This thread is locked, due to age.

If you need assistance, please create a new thread in the proper Dell Support Forum

Thank you

2 Posts

July 29th, 2019 23:00

No the solution doesn't work the same problem has existed for 6 years. It's even in XPS 9635 ...ridiculous. Now the laptop doesn't go into hibernation or sleep and again Dell refuses to fix this.  I will never buy a dell again

2 Posts

July 29th, 2019 23:00

That intel link does not work

No Events found!