winrothinc
1 Copper

Vostro 3750 Wireless connection drops

I just got a brand new Vostro 3750 and this is what's going on:

I connect it to my wireless router and everything is hunky dory. Then I notice the signal level getting lower and lower then disconnecting, then it can't find the router at all.

I ran every diagnostic I could think of and reboot and nothing. I can see the router fine and connect with a number of different devices in my house including my phone, other dell laptops, and non Dell computers. It's not the router.

If I move the computer 12 feet away from the router, I get one bar and then it drops off and won't find the network again.

Did I get a lemon?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Vostro 3750 Wireless connection drops

winrothinc,

Take the laptop and go next to the router. Signal strong? If you leave the room, you disconnect, correct? Sounds like the antenna wire came off the wireless card. I could not find the instructions on which compartment the wireless card is.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
winrothinc
1 Copper

Thanks I'll check it out.

0 Kudos

winrothinc,

Not sure which wireless adapter you have. Try reading...

Intel® WiFi Products — Power Save Polling (PSP) causes connection issues with some access points

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
KaViaaR
1 Copper

it appears dell does'nt always use the same wifi network card in their Vostro 3750.

I have a machine with a wifi network card Atheros 1702 and another with a wifi network card Intel Centrino n1030.

The first purchased 1 month ago, the other last week.

The one with the Intel Centrino works fine, the one with the atheros quickly loses signal when you take some distance.

Koen

0 Kudos