ee0090
1 Copper

Vostro V131 WLAN/BT update

Hello

I need to upgrade WLAN/BT card of my V131. I am using Centrino N 1030 card with BT 3.0 and I need BT 4.0 to use it with MX Master Logitech mouse. There are many cards of the same size (DW1702, DW1703, DW1704) but no idea if any of them will work with this laptop.

Can you help?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies

RE: Vostro V131 WLAN/BT update

Hi,

The V131 uses a PCIe Hlalf-height mini card so you would need to make sure whichever card you get has the same size / form factor to fit into the system.

To answer your question directly, the Dell DW1704 comes in a half height mini-card and supports bluetooth 4.0.   That would be my first recommendation for a replacement card.

You might also want to look at Intel's site to check out the spec's on their cards.   Intel provides several different physical size differences for each of their cards (for the most part) so you can check out their specs side by side and see if one seems more compatible for you.  

To be honest, it's nearly impossible to recommend a specific card since everyone's wireless connectivity is different due to environmental factors, router specs, etc.   Some people love the Intel cards while others prefer the Dell ones.   But I think the Dell DW1704 will fit with what you need but it is a single band (2.4 GHz) whereas some of the newer cards may work and handle both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz bandwidth.

If you are connecting fine with your current card (signal strength, etc) then you may not want to upgrade to a card that can handle both wavelengths.  

I hope this helps.  Sorry I couldn't just say "this card will work perfectly" since it's impossible to know.

Todd

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ee0090
1 Copper

RE: Vostro V131 WLAN/BT update

Hi,

I have tried DW1901 from Vostro 3360, and WIFI worked perfectly but BT did not work at all  although the size is the same. WIFI works ok with my card, so I will try DW1704. Thanks.

0 Kudos