Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 22nd, 2011 05:00

WI-FI Problem after re-installed Vostro 3550

Hello.

As you saw on my subject I have a problem to install my wi-fi on my Vostro 3550.

I successed to install Ethernet so I have internet at least.

System I use is Win7, I searched after the problem and it say my networkcard aint installed. Missing drivers, but I don't understand how I can use my Ethernet. Plug my TP cabel and it worked. For me it sounds wierd it should been two networkcards in same computer but I dont know. 

This problem came when I re-installed my computer to get rid of all dell and intels support program and programs that slowed the computer down. Installed graphic, ethernet drivers and Quickset.

Hope someone can help me to fix this problem.

Saw another forum thread about a guy who had same problem, he didnt solve it. Since I dont want dell and intels software I dont want to recover my computer. So what drivers I need to install to get my wi-fi to work again, I've got it worked before but I used a recovery after that. And now I want it empty again. Saw what program order I need but some of the programs I can't find.

//Pierre

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 22nd, 2011 07:00

Piere,

When you installed the operating system, did you install the notebook system utility(if applicable) and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

You should be able to start with the notebook system utility and the chipset drivers, then install the rest of the drivers and everything should start working.

Rick

2 Posts

July 22nd, 2011 10:00

I have followed this order now Pudgyone and I get same problem, Wireless 1701 802.11 b/g/n is the driver I was trying, there is 5 others aswell. Step 10 of the link you gave me. Still get the error, "coundent find hardware, cannot be installed on this computer" message I get.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 22nd, 2011 14:00

Pierre,

I'm hoping the wireless adapter did not come loose. If this is under waranty, then I would contact Dell Tech Support. Instructions HERE <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell> look involved to reseat the wireless adapter.

Did you make the Windows 7 - IMPORTANT Windows 7 Backup Disks to create?

If so, did you try reinstalling using the Dell DataSafe disks? The bloatware will be there but if everything works, then you can always uninstall the bloatware/

Rick 

No Events found!