Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 5th, 2013 21:00

WLAN DW1501 Drivers - No Compatible hardware found.

Studio 1558, W7 x64 Ultimate SP1, 8gb ram, 500GB drive

I get a "No compatible hardware found" error when I try to load the drivers for the wireless card on my laptop. 

I had to reload windows 7, ultimate x64 on  my laptop.  I've been able to install all of the drivers with the exception of the wireless card.

I've tried to load the R258276 driver for the broadcom chip as specified in my download with the Dell driver utility and dell system detect.  This worked previously with the same os. I've also installed and ran Dell Support Center, PC check and System Detect. 

My order lists the following wireless card:

WHDPC 1 Card, Wireless, Half Mini-Card, DW1501, 4313

I have an unknown device and a Network Controller flagged in "Other devices" in Windows Device Manager.  I've deleted these and reran hardware detect and they both show of again as not having drivers installed.  Windows update nor windows driver update locates valid drivers.  I searched the forums and found a few links to other sources of he R258276 drivers, but got the same error msg.

1.1K Posts

March 6th, 2013 00:00

Hi zwortl,

It appears the wireless card might be turned off and that might be resulting into this error. Follow the steps below to make sure wireless card is enabled in BIOS:

• Restart the computer and tap F2 button when you see the Dell logo.
  • In BIOS using right arrow key highlight 'Advanced'
  • Using down arrow key highlight Wireless option and press Enter
  • Make sure you have the below settings:

1. Wireless Switch              ALL
  2. Internal Bluetooth           Enabled
  3. Internal WLAN                 Enabled
  4. Internal WWAN                Enabled

• Press F10 to save changes and exit

Once the system boots into Windows, press FN+F2 to toggle wireless on or off. In case FN+F2 does not work, press F2 only. You can also use the windows + X button on keyboard to open 'Windows Mobility Center' and make sure wireless is enabled. Once wireless is enabled, install the wireless driver:

1. Click on the link: http://dell.to/Z9ZhvV
  2. Click on 'Download File' and select 'Single-file download'.
  3. Click on 'Continue'.
  4. Click on 'Save' and save the driver on the desktop.
  5. Right click on the driver from the desktop and click on 'Run as administrator'.
  6. Follow the on screen instructions to install the driver.
  7. Restart the system.

Keep me posted. Please reply for any further questions.

No Events found!