Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 17th, 2013 05:00

WPA_Supplicant Errors

How can I resolve the WPA_Supplicant Errors that keep showing up in my event log?  Below is a summary:

Application (errors)

The description for Event ID 256 from source WPA Supplicant cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

wmi_rx_event_cb: IOCTL_RECEIVE_WMI failed err=21

Application (warnings)

The description for Event ID 257 from source WPA Supplicant cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

wmi_rx_event_cb: unsupported WMI event uCmdId=6145

My system configuration is:

Precision M4800

it-4800MQ, and 8GB memory

W7PSP1 64bit

thanks in advance - Hank

2 Posts

February 19th, 2016 01:00

..also remove the d5000 wilocity dock software

2 Posts

February 19th, 2016 01:00

It seems you have updated to windows 10 after installing the dell software on Windows 7 or 8.

Try removing all dell software from your computer and reinstalling only the necessary software from support.dell.com. 

This should solve the issue.

!Dont forget to also remove the D5000 wilocity dock software!

February 11th, 2016 05:00

I have the same error as Hank.

the included information in the end is somewhat different:

[2368: driver_wbe.c - internal_DeviceIoControl] - Failed to send IOCTL_REGISTER_WMI_RX to device with handle 812 due to error 6.

The error log is generated nearly every two seconds.

My system configuration is:

Precision M4800

it-4710MQ, and 16GB memory

Windows 10 64bit

February 11th, 2016 07:00

me too, one error every two seconds:

The description for Event ID 257 from source WPA Supplicant cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

[1741: driver_wbe.c - wpa_driver_wbe_reset_timeout] - Try to reset FW again....

February 19th, 2016 10:00

It worked for me!!

Thank you very much!!!!

1 Message

February 19th, 2016 12:00

worked for me, thanks

Hank

February 22nd, 2019 02:00

the problem is that not all the programs that I would delete are replacable from the website. For exampe the d5000 wilocity program.  Do I need that for my regular wireless connectiions, or is that only if have a wireless dock.  Thank you

No Events found!