ajdellaj
2 Bronze

RE: WPA personal Windows 8.1 not there

I'm experiencing a similar frustration with connecting my two Dell Venue 8 Pro Windows 8.1 tablets to my uVerse 2Wire 3800HG1 gateway, and to an older Linksys wireless router.   The 2Wire gateway authentication type can be configured for WPA-PSK (TKIP), WPA2-PSK (AES), or "WPA-PSK (TKIP) and WPA2-PSK (AES)" which is the default.  The gateway does NOT support WPA-PSK (AES) or WPA2-PSK (TKIP).  The older Linksys supports WPA with either AES or TKIP, but does not support WPA2.

The two Dell Windows 8.1 tablets appear to have slightly different Win 8.1 builds.  The older 32GB tablet connects fine to both wireless routers using WPA2 TKIP for the 2Wire and WPA AES for the Linksys.  The newer 64GB tablet will ONLY connect to the old Linksys with WPA AES.  The wireless security profile is not editable or accessible until a connection is made, and it cannot make a connection to the 2wire gateway.

I want to connect my 64GB tablet to my 2Wire router using either WPA2 AES or WPA TKIP.  Would editing the wlan profile as described above work for my Windows 8.1 Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet?

0 Kudos
ajdellaj
2 Bronze

RE: WPA personal Windows 8.1 not there

One correction.  The older 32GB tablet connects fine to both wireless routers using WPA2 AES or WPA TKIP for the 2Wire and WPA AES for the Linksys.

0 Kudos