Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 30th, 2015 10:00

When using the telephone (VOIP) I lose all network connectivity

I have 2 computers and a Ooma Hub connected to the LAN ports of an Asus RT-N66U router. I have 3 other computers, along with several android phones & tablets, along with a couple of other devices that are connected via wifi.

When I make a call, or answer the phone, one of my wifi connected computers loses all internet connectivity (this doesn't always happen). When connectivity is lost, I can't connect to the the internet or use any network devices (printers, Chromecast, etc.), while the phone is being used. The computer in question is a Dell Inspiron N5110 with an Intel Centrino 6235 wireless mini-card using Intel drivers. Rebooting the computer and using Windows problem solving wizards have failed to fix the problem. Within seconds of hanging up the phone, the laptop connects on its own. All of my other wifi devices (including several computers) are unaffected by the use of the Ooma Voip phone system.

Network connectivity when the phone isn't in use is excellent. My internet speeds are greater than 100 Mb/s download, and 12 MB/s upload, as long as the phone isn't in use. This problem is limited to my Dell N5110, and my brother in-laws older Dell laptop which uses the Atheros 1710.

Any help would be appreciated.
No Responses!
No Events found!